Spring has officially arrived in Milwaukee! While many people breathe a sigh of relief because winter driving has ended, spring driving can also pose dangerous situations. It’s important to understand that each season change brings different driving conditions.
Here are a few helpful Spring driving tips to better prepare you for the new seasonal driving challenges.
- Be on the lookout for potholes. Extreme winter weather takes a toll on our roadways, creating large potholes. Heavy rain can fill them with water making them difficult to see.
- Watch for pedestrians on the move. As temperatures increase, more people are outside walking or bicycling with their families. Slow down in your neighborhood and pay extra attention at crosswalks. If pedestrians have the walk signal, they have the right of way.
- Maintain proper tire air pressure. During the winter months, tires lose air due to the cold temperatures, causing tires to be underinflated. Warmer temperatures can cause tires to be overinflated.
- Watch for animals on the move. Animal activity increases during the spring. For some, this is mating season and for others, they’re waking up from their long winter slumber.
- Check wiper blades. A winter’s worth of snow, ice and salt can beat down the wipers, so you may need to replace those, too. Also, clean your windshield with good window washer to improve wiper performance.
- Pay attention in construction zones. Buckled roads, lane merges and active workers can all make navigating these areas a challenge.
- Slow down for spring showers. Did you know that roads are the most slippery when it first begins to rain? This is caused by the rainwater mixing with contaminants on the road, such as oil and grease.
If you were involved in a spring car accident, let us help! Call Jacobson, Schrinsky & Houck in Milwaukee today at (414) 223-4444 to have one of our caring lawyers come out to meet you and get car accident help today.
Car Accident Attorneys – Jacobson, Schrinsky & Houck – Experience – Compassion – Results