Here are some great tips to help your children find the safest route to school:
• Choose sidewalks or paths wherever possible, even if that means the trip will take a little longer.
• If there are no sidewalks or paths, walk as far from motor vehicles as possible, on the side of the street facing traffic.
• Minimize the number of street crossings.
• Avoid busy, high-speed or multi-lane roads, wherever possible.
• When available, cross at a location with an adult school crossing guard.
• Look for places where drivers are paying attention, yielding to pedestrians and cyclists and respecting speed limits.
• Use a route that avoids potential problems like loose dogs, the presence of criminal activity, vacant buildings or poorly lit streets.
If you are dealing with a child’s injury due to a bicycle accident, contact Jacobson, Schrinsky & Houck today at: 414-223-4444 or online at: www.jsh-law.com/contact-us
Personal Injury Attorneys – Jacobson, Schrinsky & Houck – Experience – Compassion – Results