Farm Injuries & Your Wisconsin Personal Injury Lawyer
Many farm injuries are caused by equipment or tractors. This may be due to a lack of safety guards, an improper design or no warning labels. If you suspect that you were injured as a result of the manufacturer’s negligence, make an appointment to discuss your case with an experienced personal injury attorney from Jacobson, Schrinsky & Houck today.
Common Farm Injuries
There are a number of serious farm accidents that necessitate the assistance and representation of a personal injury lawyer. These accidents can include:
- Falls - Whether from a building, a land structure or a ladder, falls are common causes of injury in every workplace, not just farms.
- Machine accidents - Overturned tractors are quite common and can also cause death. Other accidents can include becoming tangled in machinery, resulting in maiming or death, and mistakes made by operators.
- Accidents with animals - From 1993 to 2009, 10.4% of all farm fatalities in Wisconsin were caused by animals.
- Suffocation - From falls into silos and grain bins to enclosed spaces with contaminated gas, suffocation is a common cause of death and injury on farms.
When a Personal Injury Lawyer is Helpful
If you have been hurt due to negligence while working on a farm, you may need to hire a personal injury lawyer. There are several instances that can be considered negligence, such as:
- Improper maintenance of a facility or its equipment.
- Removal of safety devices by the farm's owner, operator or employer.
- A lack of adequate warning on farm equipment, by the producer.
- Improper training of employees on equipment use.
Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer in Wisconsin
If you believe you have a claim from being hurt while working on a farm, contact a personal injury lawyer at Jacobson, Schrinsky & Houck in the Milwaukee area by calling (414) 223-4444. We proudly serve the entire state and will work with your schedule to arrange a time to come out and meet you.